Pregnant Women's Health Source about Female Health & Pregnancy
Welcome to "Pregnant Wife's" your online women's health source for pregnant wives everywhere...
On A Mission of providing pregnant wife's help with their pregnancy and health information regarding being pregnant, being a pregnant wife, and breast-feeding...
If you are expecting a baby, today's date of is a good time and date to work on good health for both you and baby...
There are excellent benefits from breast-feeding your baby. For example, human milk is by far the best food for both newborn infants and older babies. It will meet all important nutrition needs along with a healthy lifestyle working for the good health of your baby. A breast-fed-baby also has an advantage of better general health, wellness, growth and infant developmental benefits.
It has been suggested (but not fully confirmed by medical experts) that breast feeding may even give infants protection from devastating sudden infant death plus help the body's immune system in its fight against respiratory infections, spinal meningitis, ear infections, intestinal and urinary infection.
Breast fed babies may also gain some protection from insulin-dependent diabetes, digestive system diseases, improved lymphatic and good colon health. Breast-feeding your baby may also reduce the likelihood of your baby getting allergies.
Please visit lactation specialist, the lactating women's website. You can also buy women's pregnancy clothing, such as tops, pants and maternity shorts, and other maternity clothes you can buy at a discount, and easily found online.
So you're going to have a baby! Whether you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant soon, you will want to give your baby a healthy start in life.
You need to have regular visits with your doctor. Your pre-natal care visits are very important for your baby and yourself. Some things you might do when you are pregnant could hurt your baby, such as smoking or drinking. Some medicines can also be a problem, even ones that a doctor prescribed.
While you are pregnant, you will need to drink plenty of fluids, be on a health diet and eating healthy foods, exercise mildly and stop-smoking or use of some drugs (if drug-use is applicable in your case). In early pregnancy, you may develop acute morning sickness or nausea. You may also be tired and your body will need more rest.
Your body will change as your baby grows during the long 9-months of your pregnancy. Don't hesitate to call your doctor if something is bothering or worrying you such as symptoms of acute morning sickness, for example, which by the way can sometimes (but likely not) indicate twins will be arriving!
More About Morning Sickness & Acute Morning Sickness: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
Morning sickness is nausea and vomiting which may occur at any time of the day or night during pregnancy, with morning nausea being common with pregnant wife's.
Morning sickness may be a frequent event, if it is (and also seems to you to be a severe condition), see your medical doctor, gynecologist, or physician. Most pregnant women have at least some nausea, and about 1/3 have vomiting.
Morning sickness usually begins during your 1st month of pregnancy and continues through the 14th to 16th week (3rd or 4th month). However, some women can have nausea and vomiting for full-term of their pregnancy.
Morning sickness does not hurt the baby in any way unless you lose weight, with such weight loss being possible as a result of prolonged and severe vomiting. The amount of morning sickness during one pregnancy does not necessarily predict how you will feel in a future pregnancy.
Causes of Morning Sickness
The exact cause of morning sickness is unknown. It may be caused by hormone changes or lower blood sugar during early pregnancy. Emotional stress, fatigue, traveling, or certain foods can make the problem worse. Nausea in pregnancy is more common and can be worse with twins or triplets.
Home Care for Morning Sickness
Try to keep a positive attitude. Remember that morning sickness usually stops after the first 3 or 4 months of pregnancy. To reduce nausea, try:
- A few soda crackers or dry toast when you wake up, even before you get out of bed.
- A small snack at bedtime and when getting up to go to the bathroom at night.
- Avoid large meals; instead, snack as often as every 1 - 2 hours during the day and drink plenty of fluids.
- Eat foods high in protein and complex carbohydrates, such as peanut butter on apple slices or celery; nuts; cheese; crackers; milk; cottage cheese; and yogurt; avoid foods high in fat and salt, but low in nutrition.
- Ginger products (proven effective against morning sickness) such as ginger tea, ginger candy, and ginger soda.
Here are some more tips for Morning Sickness:
- Acupressure wrist bands or acupuncture may help. You can find these bands in drug, health food, travel and boating stores. If you are thinking about trying acupuncture, talk to your doctor and look for an acupuncturist who is trained to work with females who are expecting a baby.
- Avoid being around 2nd-hand smoke and being near smokers.
- Avoid taking medications for morning sickness. If you do, ask a doctor first.
- Keep air flowing through rooms to reduce odors.
- When you feel nauseated, bland foods like gelatin, broth, ginger ale, and saltine crackers can soothe your stomach.
- Take your prenatal vitamins at night. Increase vitamin B6 in your diet by eating whole grains, nuts, seeds, and peas and beans (legumes). Talk to your doctor about possibly taking vitamin B-6 supplements.
When to Contact the Doctor because of Morning Sickness?
Call your doctor if:
- Morning sickness does not improve, despite trying home remedies.
- Nausea and vomiting continue beyond your 4th month of pregnancy. This happens to some women and is usually normal but have it checked-out.
- You lose more than a few pounds.
- You vomit blood, or material which look like coffee grounds. (contact a doctor right away, or call 911).
- You vomit more than 3 times a day, or you have trouble keeping food or liquid down.
Your doctor may ask the following questions:
- Are you only nauseated or do you also vomit?
- Does the nausea and vomiting occur every day?
- Does it last throughout the day?
- Can you keep down any food or fluid?
- Have you been traveling?
- Has your schedule changed?
- Are you feeling stress, or under-pressure?
- What foods have you been eating?
- Do you smoke? If you do, please stop smoking NOW!
- What have you done to try to feel better?
- Other symptoms you may have, i.e. tender breast, dry mouth, excessive thirst, headache, abdominal pain, unplanned weight-loss?
Your doctor may do the following medical tests:
- Urine testing
- Complete blood count test, including blood chemistry
Interesting Female Websites
Announcement: We are primarily devoting our time on enhancing our Top-10 Sites thus making numerous well-aged domain names available which are no longer used by the developed sites, or else needed. These domains are related to subjects like health wellness and disease, investing and money matters, trading the financial markets and a few misc categories.
A Special Offer valid today when you Buy a Domain you likely can get its web-page or website free upon request (if there is a matching site and you want it; excluding the top-ten sites). This opportunity is on any other website-name you purchase.
Here's some interesting groups to explore: Targeted 3-character acronyms and dozens of other desirable domains. Of course, our best developed websites are top-value, and we have several other notable websites plus first-class digital domains for-sale.
There's also 100s-of good misc names and featured domains and acronyms, as well as a number of one-word domains. There's also well-targeted health names and financial names, or you can acquire or inquire about any desired domain by going here.
Most prices are the same, with or without a website (if it has a site) because inherent value is in its domain name. However, valuation is magnified if there's significant development, such as our well developed websites, with several available for acquisition (but not all). Please contact-us if you have interest in these unique and golden investment opportunities.