Welcome to American Health Insurance Plan
Health Insurance - The Affordable Care Act’s New Rules on Preventive Care and You
Under the Affordable Care Act, you and your family may be eligible for some important preventive services which can help you avoid illness and improve your health at no additional cost to you.
Go to independent insurance agent to learn about getting insurance coverage for all American's, insurance eligibility and health insurance cost.
Routine health care that includes screenings, check-ups, and patient counseling to prevent illnesses, disease, or other health problems.
What This Means for You:
If your plan is subject to these new requirements, you would not have to pay a co-payment , co-insurance or any deductible to receive preventive health services, such as recommended screenings, vaccinations, and counseling. Click here for family insurance quotes
For example, depending on your age, you may have free access to various preventive services.
- Blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol tests;
- Many cancer screenings, including mammograms and colonoscopies;
- Counseling from your health care provider on such topics as quitting smoking, losing weight, eating healthfully, treating depression, and reducing alcohol use;
- Routine vaccinations against diseases such as measles, polio, or spinal meningitis;
- Flu and pneumonia shots;
- Counseling, screening, and vaccines to ensure healthy pregnancies;
- Regular well-baby and well-child visits, to age 21.
- Working on Growing Up Plan Insurance for your Children, to age 21.
Some Important Details:
- This preventive services provision applies to people enrolled in job-related health plans or individual health insurance policies created after March 23, 2010. If you are in such a health plan, this provision will affect you as soon as your plan begins its first new “plan year” or “policy year” on or after September 23, 2010.
- If your plan is “grand fathered,” these benefits may not be available to you.
- If your health plan uses a network of providers, be aware that health plans are only required to provide these preventive services through an in-network provider. Your health plan may allow you to receive these services from an out-of-network provider, but may charge you a fee.
- Your doctor may provide a preventive service, such as a cholesterol screening test, as part of an office visit. Be aware that your plan can require you to pay some costs of the office visit, if the preventive service is not the primary purpose of the visit, or if your doctor bills you for the preventive services separately from the office visit.
- If you have questions about whether these new provisions apply to your plan, contact your insurer or plan administrator. If you still have questions, contact your State insurance department.
- To know which covered preventive services are right for you—based on your age, gender, and health status—ask your health care provider.
Covered Preventive Services for Adults
Preventive Services Covered under the Affordable Care Act
If you have a new health insurance plan or insurance policy beginning in 2010, the following preventive services must be covered without your having to pay a copayment or coinsurance or meet your deductible, when these services are delivered by a network provider.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked
- Alcohol Misuse screening and counseling
- Aspirin use for men and women of certain ages
- Blood Pressure screening for all adults
- Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk
- Colorectal Cancer screening for adults over 50
- Depression screening for adults
- Type 2 Diabetes screening for adults with high blood pressure
- Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
- HIV screening for all adults at higher risk
- Immunization vaccines for adults-doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes Zoster
- Human Papilloma virus
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- Obesity screening and counseling for all adults
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk
- Tobacco Use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users
- Syphilis screening for all adults at higher risk
Covered Preventive Services for Women, Including Pregnant Women
- Anemia screening on a routine basis for pregnant women
- Bacteriuria urinary tract or other infection screening for pregnant women
- BRCA counseling about genetic testing for women at higher risk
- Breast Cancer Mammography screenings every 1 to 2-years for women over 40
- Breast Cancer Chemo prevention counseling for women at higher risk
- Breast Feeding interventions to support and promote breast feeding
- Cervical Cancer screening for sexually active women
- Chlamydia Infection screening for younger women and other women at higher risk
- Folic Acid supplements for women who may become pregnant
- Gonorrhea screening for all women at higher risk
- Hepatitis B screening for pregnant women at their first prenatal visit
- Osteoporosis screening for women over age 60 depending on risk factors
- Rh Incompatibility screening for all pregnant women and follow-up testing for women at higher risk
- Tobacco Use screening and interventions for all women, and expanded counseling for pregnant tobacco users
- Syphilis screening for all pregnant women or other women at increased risk
Covered Preventive Services for Children
- Alcohol and Drug Use assessments for adolescents
- Autism screening for children at 18 and 24-months
- Behavioral assessments for children of all ages
- Cervical Dysplasia screening for sexually active females
- Congenital Hypothyroidism screening for newborns
- Developmental screening for children under age 3, and surveillance throughout childhood
- Dyslipidemia screening for children at higher risk of lipid disorders
- Fluoride Chemo prevention supplements for children without fluoride in their water source
- Gonorrhea preventive medication for the eyes of all newborns
- Hearing screening for all newborns
- Height, Weight and Body Mass Index measurements for children
- Hematocrit or Hemoglobin screening for children
- Hemoglobinopathies or sickle cell screening for newborns
- HIV screening for adolescents at higher risk
- Immunization vaccines for children from birth to age 18 —doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Haemophilus influenza type b
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human Papilloma virus
- Inactivated Poliovirus
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Iron supplements for children ages 6 to 12-months at risk for anemia
- Lead screening for children at risk of exposure
- Medical History for all children throughout development
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Oral Health risk assessment for young children
- Phenylketonuria (PKU) screening for this genetic disorder in newborns
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling for adolescents at higher risk
- TB testing for children at higher risk of tuberculosis
- Vision screening for all children
Websites of Interest
Announcement: We are primarily devoting our time on enhancing our Top-10 Sites thus making numerous well-aged domain names available which are no longer used by the developed sites, or else needed. These domains are related to subjects like health wellness and disease, investing and money matters, trading the financial markets and a few misc categories.
A Special Offer valid today when you Buy a Domain you likely can get its web-page or website free upon request (if there is a matching site and you want it; excluding the top-ten sites). This opportunity is on any other website-name you purchase.
Here's some interesting groups to explore: Targeted 3-character acronyms and dozens of other desirable domains. Of course, our best developed websites are top-value, and we have several other notable websites plus first-class digital domains for-sale.
There's also 100s-of good misc names and featured domains and acronyms, as well as a number of one-word domains. There's also well-targeted health names and financial names, or you can acquire or inquire about any desired domain by going here.
Most prices are the same, with or without a website (if it has a site) because inherent value is in its domain name. However, valuation is magnified if there's significant development, such as our well developed websites, with several available for acquisition (but not all). Please contact-us if you have interest in these unique and golden investment opportunities.