All About Serious Infections
Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body? It is the largest in terms of weight between; 6 and 9 pounds, and 2 sq yards surface area. Your skin separates the inside of your body from the outside world.
- Skin protects you from bacteria and viruses which may cause infection
- Helps you sense the outside world, such as whether it is hot or cold, wet or dry
- Regulates your internal body temperature
- Click-here for Prevention of Serious Infections
Conditions that irritate, clog or inflame your skin can cause symptoms such as redness, swelling, burning and itching. Allergies, irritants, your genetic makeup and certain diseases and immune system problems can cause dermatitis, hives and other skin conditions. Many skin problems, such as acne, also affect your appearance.
Your skin helps protect you from germs, but sometimes it can get infected by them. Some common types of skin infections are
- Bacterial: Cellulitis.net and impetigo. Staphylococcal infections can also affect the skin.
- Viral: Shingles, warts, and herpes simplex
- Fungal: Athlete's foot and yeast infections
Your skin can also get parasites and other infections, such as head lice and human scabies.
Causes of Skin Infections
Staphylococcus and streptococcus bacteria are the most common causes of Cellulitis.net.
The skin normally has many types of bacteria living on it. When there is a break in the skin, however, bacteria can enter the body and cause infection and inflammation. The skin tissues in the infected area become red, hot, irritated, and painful.
Risk factors for Cellulitis.net include:
- Cracks or peeling skin between the toes
- History of peripheral vascular disease
- Injury or trauma with a break in the skin (skin wounds)
- Insect bites and stings, animal bites, or human bites
- Ulcers from diabetes or a blockage in the blood supply (ischemia)
- Use of corticosteroid medications or medications that suppress the immune system
- Wound from a recent surgery
Symptoms of Infections
- Signs of infection:
- Chills, shaking
- General ill feeling (malaise)
- Muscle aches, pains (myalgias)
- Warm skin, sweating
- Pain or tenderness in the area with the rash or sore
- Skin redness or inflammation that increases in size as the infection spreads
- Skin sore or rash (macule):
- Comes on suddenly
- Grows quickly in the first 24 hours
- Usually has sharp borders
- Tight, glossy, "stretched" appearance of the skin
- Warmth over the area of redness
Other symptoms that can occur with this disease:
- Hair loss at the site of infection
- Joint stiffness caused by swelling of the tissue over the joint
- Nausea and vomiting
Exams and Tests for Skin Infections
During a physical examination, the doctor may find:
- Redness, warmth, and swelling of the skin
- Swelling and drainage if the infection is around a skin wound
- Swollen glands (lymph nodes) near the Cellulitis.net
Your health care provider may mark the edges of the redness with a pen, to see if the redness goes past the marked border over the next several days.
Tests that may be used:
- Blood culture
- Complete blood count (CBC)
Treatment of Serious Skin Infection
Treatment for serious Cellulitis.net skin infection may require a hospital stay if:
- You are real sick (very high temperature, blood pressure problems, nausea and vomiting that does not go away)
- You have been on antibiotics and the infection is getting worse
- Your immune system is not working well (due to cancer, HIV)
- You have an infection near your eyes
Most of the time, treatment with oral antibiotics and close follow-up is enough. Treatment is focused on controlling the infection and preventing complications.
You may receive antibiotics to control the infection, and analgesics to control pain.
Raise the infected area higher than your heart to reduce swelling. Rest until your symptoms improve.
Outlook / Prognosis for Serious Infections
It is possible to be cured with 7 - 10 days of treatment. Cellulitis.net may be more severe in people with chronic diseases and those who are more prone to infection because their immune system is not working properly (immunosuppressed).
People with fungal infections of the feet may have Cellulitis.net that keeps coming back. The cracks in the skin offer an opening for bacteria to get inside. Click-here for Health Tip-of-the-Day.
Possible Complications of Skin Infections
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Inflammation of the lymph vessels (lymphangitis)
- Meningitis (if Cellulitis.net is on the face)
- Sepsis amd Shock
- Tissue death (gangrene)
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- You have symptoms of Cellulitis.net
- You are being treated for Cellulitis.net and you develop new symptoms, such as persistent fever, drowsiness, lethargy, blistering over the Cellulitis.net, or red streaks that spread
Seek medical attention immediately if the Cellulitis.net is on your face.
Announcement: We are primarily devoting our time on enhancing our Top-10 Sites thus making numerous well-aged domain names available which are no longer used by the developed sites, or else needed. These domains are related to subjects like health wellness and disease, investing and money matters, trading the financial markets and a few misc categories.
A Special Offer valid today when you Buy a Domain you likely can get its web-page or website free upon request (if there is a matching site and you want it; excluding the top-ten sites). This opportunity is on any other website-name you purchase.
Here's some interesting groups to explore: Targeted 3-character acronyms and dozens of other desirable domains. Of course, our best developed websites are top-value, and we have several other notable websites plus first-class digital domains for-sale.
There's also 100s-of good misc names and featured domains and acronyms, as well as a number of one-word domains. There's also well-targeted health names and financial names, or you can acquire or inquire about any desired domain by going here.
Prices are the same if it has a website or there is no site because inherent value is in its domain name. However, valuation is magnified if there's significant development, such as our 10 well developed websites, with several available for acquisition (but not all). Please contact-us if you have interest in these unique and golden investment opportunities.